Friday, May 2, 2014

Aurelia Probiotic Eye Cream Review

It's a sad day when you realize you're not "young" anymore. Several things happen before this dawns on you: you no longer enjoy late nights out, sleeping in doesn't feel productive, healthy food actually starts tasting good, late night eating=belly in the morning and the dark circles under your eyes no longer go away. Oh, and the wrinkles that appear when you smile, decide to stay AFTER you're done smiling. AHHHHH.

I've been using eye creams since my early twenties.  A saleswoman once told me "with eyes, prevention is key," because once the wrinkles come, they don't go home. I've tried TONS of eye creams over the past decade (La Mer, Guerlain, Origins, Restorsea, Perricone, Kinerase, DermaDoctor, etc.) and liked some of them to varying degrees and didn't care for others. I don't think I appreciated the prevention they provided since I was younger and the skin around my eyes was younger too. I'm graduating out of my early thirties into "mid-thirties" soon, so a good eye cream is essential. Now that I've transitioned everything over to cleaner skin care, I found my biggest challenge was finding a good eye cream. 

I did my research and decided to try Aurelia Probiotic Eye Duo--this comes with two separate eye creams (one rollerball serum eye dew for AM and an eye cream for PM). The duo was about $140, which is a lot more than I typically would spend on an eye cream (except for my La Mer and Guerlain splurges), but then I divided it by two, since you get two eye creams out of it, and this made my decision a bit easier (I often trick myself like this to justify buying things I want to try). Seventy dollars is still expensive, but I was really curious to see what this eye cream could deliver.

I've been using this duo for a little over two months and I do really enjoy the products. I like the PM eye cream more than the day serum, so sometimes I'll use the PM cream in the AM over the serum. It's very hydrating and softens up the lines under my eyes, at least for a little bit. I can't fight nature and I'm not going to stop smiling, so this is the best I can do for now. Did I mention it has a lovely smell? Not like scents matter much if the thing works, but it's a nice benefit.

Pros:
-cream is very hydrating
-uses actives, botanicals and probiotics to help fight wrinkles and dark circles
-rollerball has a cooling effect
-pleasant scent

Cons:
-price

EWG Skin Deep Score:


Here's a blurb from their website about the products:

Supporting the skin’s defence system with supercharged levels of probiotics and peptides is essential for radiant and youthful skin. Aurelia Probiotic Skincare’s technology uses immune modulatory glycoproteins to generate targeted impulses within the skin, balancing stress-damaged skin whilst stabilising the skin’s defence system. Aurelia works to protect against skin ageing, regenerates cell metabolism, prevents cellular DNA damage and is proven to counteract the effects of UV damage to collagen and elastin.
Our eye complex has been scientifically proven to result in an age correction improvement of 5 years in just 28 days of use. Specifically targeting wrinkle depth, the potent complex adds to Aurelia’s powerful scientifically proven technologies. Aurelia Probiotic Skincare prides itself on its beautiful mix of science and natural luxury. All products are free from synthetic fragrances, parabens, mineral oils, silicones, sulphates, propylene glycol, phthalates, GMO, PEGs, TEA and DEA. We never tested on animals.

1 comment:

  1. hello!! Very interesting discussion glad that I came across such informative post. Keep up the good work friend. Glad to be part of your net community. Eye Creams for Wrinkles

    ReplyDelete